Tuesday, July 24

A Musical Web I've Weaved




July tends to be a very interesting month for me. I find myself always looking for the wonders of summer life and learning to enjoy the warm breezes. Maybe it is the month itself or maybe it is the new boy in my life, however I think God is inspiring me to write more. This is giving me a new hope in things. I have had quite a fun July so far and so this is a short snippet describing how much fun I've been having.

It starts with the beginning of July. As an inner nerd and lover of everything Spiderman I was so very excited by the new reboot. Not going to lie I was nervous when they first announced they were remaking Spiderman, however after seeing the movie twice now I can say they have made a vastly more “amazing” Spiderman movie. On July third I was given the amazing privileged of getting to go the the premiere. I was nervous that I would not be given the ability, but it was so very blessed. I had a blast and it makes me curious about how they are going to continue the series in this more truer direction. It was closer to the comic book and it made me want to be Gwen Stacy. The previous installments of Spiderman made Gwen seem like a ditzy skank. The truth is Gwen is love. She is Spiderman's one true love and she is smart. She is so very wonderful because she loves both Peter and Spiderman. I still care for my inner Mary Jane Watson, but wish to be more like Gwen these days. I guess I've grown up?

The second event was on the 4th of July this year. This one event that I was unsure I'd get the blessing of going to changed the course of my history. I finally got to see The Rocket Summer and The Scene Aesthetic. It was a blast and I'm sure it is something I will never forget. They played some amazing songs and I got to meet Bryce Avery. My favorite part of the concert was when Bryce came out. He started the show by starting a drum beat. He looped that around and then started a bass line. Next he looped both around adding guitar and lastly vocals. It was awesome. It is proof of real musicians with real words and things to say. It was a wonderful concert that I got to share with a wonderful person. It gave me the answer that I needed to calm my conflicted heart. It gave me hope and images of a future that I didn't seem so unsure of anymore. I had so much fun. The concert was hot and the music was loud. It was a wonderful reminder of just how much music means to me. How I've missed going to concerts and just how much I needed to go to one again.

Well Blogger Friends, I look forward to writing more soon. Remember July 31st is the annual music blog. I'm so excited and I hope you are too!

No comments: