Sunday, July 15

Katy Give Me A Shot


"Katy, I know you're blue, but what can a man like me do?"


There seems to be something so curious about chemistry. I haven't been the greatest at understanding it mathematically, but when it comes to actions and their reactions I think I have become a professional. In a life like the one I've lead so far I have learned to become a believer in the idea that the things that happen to us in our lives cause us to react in specific manners.

I've see the light and I've seen the darkness. I've seen such a beautiful happiness be destroyed by such evil destruction. I've had my heart broken and my mind bruised. This girl has been picked up and thrown down so many times. It leaves one wondering which side gravity is. Because of such confusion I've also sometimes begin to panic. It is like when finally good things enter my life I begin to wonder if even this might one day fail me. Because after all, doesn't the say go “all good things must eventually come to an end.”

Yet I've also seen such wonderful victory in myself as well. I've learned to be strong and independent. This girl has been able to bounce back from such low valleys. She is in the place in her life where she has seen more of God's hope lately. I've learned that I can be a silly selfish girl wishing she had all the answers. I know that I can be such a beautiful letdown, but yet somehow I continue to find some sort of forgiving grace. So in a quick fleeting moment I take a fearful and exciting step towards a happy healthy heart. I'm not conflicted anymore and realized that there really wasn't a question of who, but a matter of how? How can someone find this clumsy broken girl worthy? "Oh, let's make our way together."

I know it is early, but I see hope and wisdom. I see such a patient person in front of me. I see someone that won't disappoint me with stupidity. I see someone that sees me for the “Real Me.” The young man I don't need to put on a facade and pretend to like dumb music or boring movies. I see someone that truly cares about my well being and allows me to grow. Isn't a relationship suppose to make you the best person you were always suppose to be? Letting someone help me see that I'm worth more than the shell that some other stupid boy threw away and left behind. I see a journey more than a destination and I look forward to what God will bring for my future. As well as his. The Girl with the Chocolate Dreams is no longer that sad single girl wishing on stars and waiting for boys to make up their minds. She has found herself in the arms of a young man that she could have only imagined. Oh and she is so much happier. So she's willing to give it a shot.

"'Cause everything you've ever wanted; could be yours if you'd just. Give me a shot;Give me a shot."

Hopefully in another blog soon I will be able to tell you about the amazing concert and the story of how this hopeful journey began. Next time though. Then pretty soon ANNUAL MUSIC BLOG! Write more soon. 

No comments: