Sunday, April 25

Rise From The Ashes


“A time comes in your life when you finally get…when, in the midst of all your fears and insanity, you stop dead in your tracks and somewhere the voice inside your head cries out…ENOUGH! Enough fighting and crying and blaming and struggling to hold on. Then, like a child quieting down after a tantrum, you blink back your tears and begin to look at the world through new eyes.”

This is your awakening.

It has been kind of tumultuous these past few years. However after reading a few things I have been awoken to a new way of thinking. The previous statement in the risk of possibly being sued I want to inform people I did not write. The passage in which it came from nonetheless has changed me. I want to thank many people; my friends. These are the people I want to give a shout out to. They are the people that helped me rise from the ashes.

Amanda: I adore you darling. Despite your own frustrations and fears you have managed to keep me sane and hopeful. You put aside your own problems to listen to my whining and wishing. Like I have said many times before you will always be the best relationship I will be in. You and I have learned how to love each other in such a way that I am certain true love really does exist. We claim that soul mates don’t really exist, but maybe we are looking at our romantic relationships and not at the friendship we have shared throughout the years. Thank you Amanda Sue Monson. For every last thing you have done for me I am thankful. You have always been the reason that I want to get up in the morning. You make me laugh when I feel like crying. Make me feel when I just want to be numb. You are and always will be my best friend.

Kyle P: You drive me nuts kid, but you are extremely insightful. I was depressed and sad. You were sensitive yet honest. You understand when I need a little sweetness and I appreciate it. When you don’t know what to say you find articles to say what you cannot. You give me your honest opinion; although we hardly agree on music, movie, and most pop culture you at least know who you are and that is inspiring. When I was your age I was the same way, I only hope the world is less harsh on you. Even if it is I believe you are stubborn and the world will not change you.

Sara: Thank you Sara! Sending me to Makes Me Think .com made me remember that my life could be a lot worse. I should be lucky to have every breath in my lungs and not waste them anymore. I don’t have cancer and I have both my parents alive and well. You reminded me that I have great friends. The comment you sent me on my wall made me smile and realize that people love me and care about my well being.

I have been reading a lot more, I have been enjoying the little things, I have been embracing the fact that Rock Bottom doesn’t always last forever. This past week I think I was finally able to explain to my boyfriend that I needed him more. I needed him to understand what it was to be someone’s serious boyfriend. I learned from god that every relationship has its rough times. It is about how you weather the storms that make you who you are. I’m standing in a hurricane right now, but I finally see the sun on the horizon. I have every positive person in my life to thank for that. So I will leave you with the last part of the passage.

“You make it a point to keep smiling, to keep trusting, and to stay open to every wonderful possibility… Finally, with courage in you heart, you take a stand, you take a deep breath, and you begin to design the life you want to live as best as you can.”

I believe that is my next step. To live the best life I can. The important part is to live.




No comments: