Monday, March 15

There's Something About The Sunshine Baby!

There is something so wonderful about living in a small town. I have always loved living where I do for the wonderful atmosphere and the ability to get where I want within a short walk or drive. When I was younger it felt like a safe neighborhood where I could hang out with the neighbor boys and play in their giant sandbox until it was time for dinner. One of those true places where you could be gone for a day and your mom would be able to yell out for dinner. You weren’t very far so she could find you easily. In middle school I enjoyed being able to walk to the mall and the Barnes and Noble. In high school it was the place to find work. Today I enjoyed the beautiful sunshine. There really is something great about a sunny day in a small town. It has been so long since I have seen the sun that I almost feel as if I’ve forgotten what it was like. It reminds me that soon summer will be here and the air will be filled with the smells of grilling. The sounds of the little kids playing baseball and loud music from the bar down the street are some of my favorite things that sunny days bring.

“Something about the sunshine baby, I’m seeing you in a whole new light.”

I’ve been addicted to this song by Ann Margret that reminds me of the sun and its beautiful power over me. Getting to eat lunch at the beach or wearing sundresses to impromptu parties filled with friends. I just think of these memories as I embark on my Spring Break adventures this week. I have Spring Fever and I’m sure people can tell. However I look forward to my favorite part of spring when the crabapple tree in front of our house blossoms. The tree has been through so much, but it still survives year after year to produce the most beautiful crabapple blossoms. The smell is one of the best in the world. Aside from shasta daisies, apple, orange, and pear blossoms are my favorite flowers. I can’t wait to continue to fall in love with people and enjoy the time. We are heading to Amanda’s apartment for the week and I’m excited to spend the time with her and Jordan. Well this is just a short blog about Spring fever. I think I’m going to go outside and walk my dog!








~Later~

No comments: