Wednesday, March 24

Hannah Baker's Tale and other Life Lessons

Salutations! I know I have never done this before, but I have a feeling I really should and that I really want to also. As I am certain from previous entries my life is full of passion. I have a passion for movies, music, and of course hot beverages such as coffee, apple cider, tea and horchata. However another one of my passions is reading. My life has been enriched so much by the power of words and stories has over me. I have read some of the most amazing books in my lifetime. At only 21 years of age I have been inspired by so many written works. From classics to contemporary favorites here is a list of books I believe every girl (and guy if they so wish) between the age of 11 to 21 should read. These are the books that made me laugh, cry, love, learn, and grow up. They are 11 very special books to my heart.

I know it is impossible sometimes to only pick eleven, but I am certain that these are the ten books. In no particular order these are the best.

1. The Truth About Forever – Sarah Dessen
2. 13 Little Blue Envelopes – Maureen Johnson
3. The Last Song – Nicholas Sparks
4. 13 Reasons Why – Jay Asher (Best Story in the World. It is Hannah Baker's tale)
5. Catcher In The Rye – JD Salinger
6. Jennifer Johnson is Sick of Being Single – Heather McElhatton
7. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
8. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants – Sarah Branshares
9. Ella Enchanted – Gail Carson Levine
10. Just Listen – Sarah Dessen
11. Eclipse – Stephanie Meyers


If you have read or finish reading one of these books in the future I would be delighted if you leave me a comment with a review and let me know what you think. It has been a pleasure to share them with you today. READ ON!

No comments: