Tuesday, September 29

I'm Falling In Love With A Cinnamon Wonderland

I love fall! Ever since I was a young girl the crisp air and crunchy leaves have always been the greatest signs of the season. This time of the year sends a happy surge inside my heart. Don't get me wrong I like the freedom of summer; the warm breezes and the air that always seems light and airy. I miss those days of sitting by beaches talking to my best friend or days in May where everything is perfect. Those days lying in the grass and not having a care in the world. The memories of nights out with boyfriends and going to concerts and eating asian food will forever remind me of being young and freely in love. However I seem to miss the days of autumn more. It starts on September 1st and ends with the magic in December 31st; my favorite time of year. It is the time I feel the most change and some of my favorite holidays.

It starts in September with my birthday and new seasons of shows. I love getting my own new year and a fresh start. I get to have new discoveries and a new world presented to me. I love remember old shows and learning about new ones. I love the taste of cinnamon and apples. The smell and feel of a warm cup of apple cider between my hands is always a welcome routine for my fall days. I can’t wait to go to the Apple Orchard and taste all the sweet spiced goodies.

I love moving into October for the pumpkins and the sweets for Halloween. I look forward towards a night where I can pretend to be someone else. I love eating candy. I love eating pumpkin cupcakes and making apple crisp. I love breathing in a smoky air of a backyard bonfire. I like watching Homecoming football games and loving the nervous feelings of a close game.

In November I love pie! All flavors and fillings are a myriad of yummy feelings. I love November for Thanksgiving. For the closeness to family and friends; the idea of gratefulness and love. To remember that home is always where your heart is no matter how difficult life may seem. I love Jell-O and Pillsbury crescent rolls; dressing up and driving towards dinner. In my future I hope to have my own little family to pass along traditions and turkey sandwiches. I love fall weddings the fall colors are so natural and beautiful. The warm espressos and deep reds, oranges, and purples always make me feel so toasty and at home. I like soup and the feeling of a cup of broccoli cheese in my tummy.

In December the mood changes only slightly to wonderment and hope. The sky opens up and places soft fluffy flakes upon the world. You can go bed one night with a cold blank canvas and wake up the next morning to a white wonderland. The whole world is peaceful and quiet around this time getting ready for Christmas (or winter holidays). The tastes change to chocolate and peppermint. The idea of god’s greatest gifts for the world is something that always leaves me feeling safe. Well I am jumping into this time with my fuzzy socks and soft sweaters. I love snuggling up with my dearest love and being wrapped up in his love for me and a blanket. It has always been something I dreamed of. I am happy that I finally found someone to snuggle with when it snows.

I’m going to get some apple cider and maybe a bowl of apple and cinnamon oatmeal. Enjoy this time because even though it will come again it will never be exactly the same.


ENJOY YOUR FALL!

No comments: