Friday, September 13

Oh I've Been Looking for 25 Years

So I know it has been awhile, but it has been a busy summer. However I hope this will be worth it.

The title for this blog seems extremely appropriate for how this part of my life is beginning. The line is from a Matt Hires song, 'Restless Heart'. I don't know what it is, but I feel kind of restless and with how my birthday weekend went you would understand that as well.

I am 25 years old now and I cannot even believe it.

Five years ago I was 20: Almost done with college and with such a zest for the future.
Ten years ago I was 15: A Freshman in high school I was excited to grow up and I was just starting this blogger's journey.


The future is here now and it has come so fast. I don't think I expected to be where I am, but I'm still looking. I know one day I will find it. This weekend reminded me how much fun life can be.

Friday September 6: Friday was an amazing day. Although I'm not one that enjoys waking up early it felt like being a kid on Christmas morning. I woke up early that morning and drank some coffee while I ate breakfast. It was nice to have a beautiful relaxing morning away from work and time to not stress out. I waited around until Alex came over to pick me up. Alex came over and gave me his gift. In all my years I have never gotten jewelry from an actual jewelry store. I don't think I will ever forget those beautiful sapphire earrings. I almost cried. After that we went to lunch at the Hibachi Grill by my house. Lunch was delicious and when we had finished eating we ran around doing wonderfully fun things. We went to Roseville Mall and got a caribou caramel highrise (free coffee) and chocolate truffles. I got another free coffee at the Starbucks so I got an amazing pumpkin spice latte (my first of the season) Went to the comic book store for magic cards and then to Barnes and Noble. By the time we were done for that it was time for the concert. That night I got the amazing privilege of seeing Parachute, Matt Hires, and Paradise Fears. The concert was amazing!! I love Parachute and getting to finally hear some of their new music was great. I fell into bed so very blessed and happy that night.

Saturday September 7: The fun continued on Saturday. The first part of the morning was spent with Alex. Snuggling and watching movies. He played video games and I read. Then we went to Spirit Halloween store to get some things for zombiefying ourselves at the end of the month. Looked at the Savers for costumes. Before we knew it was time to get ready for Uptown. For drinks and fun we headed to Uptown's Cafeteria. Although the service was not the greatest, we had a great time. I got some delicious drinks and free cotton candy for my birthday. Alex had to get up early for work so he dropped me off at Sara's were the festivities continues we a game of Cards against Humanity. We didn't get to bed until well after 2:30am.

Sunday September 8: Sunday was all about the Taylor Swift concert. That night I got to see Taylor Swift's RED tour that included Casey James and Ed Sheeran. Ed Sheeran was amazing. He played two of my favorites. Give me Love and Lego House. He is such an amazing artist for being so young. Then after Ed came the one and only Taylor Swift. Her tours are always so wonderful. The just leave me in awe. I had fun and afterwards the venue gave away free Diet Coke.

When I thought about being a quarter of a century I guess I thought I'd have more done? I'm sorry if I haven't been writing much I don't know if because I've been doing this for ten years if I'm getting restless. I used to love writing about things, but lately I've been so busy doing things. Could it be work? That tends to leave me too stressed out of my mind to think of things to write?

I guess I look forward to the next year of my life.I've been waiting twenty-five years for my life to start. I want things to change this year. I'm in love, despite all the stress and obstacles that face Alex and I. Well I want to have something to work for these next years of my life. I look forward to making my dreams come true for the both of us. 

I am tired, however I leave you with my life verse for the year it comes from Psalm 46:5

It states:
“God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.”

I will really live this verse this year. Have more faith in God's plan for me and not relying so much on my own understanding.

Good Night Guys.

No comments: