Monday, June 10

Where Did Work Ethic Go?


Hello All! So I apologize for both the lack of entry and also for being in a bitching type of mood tonight. However I find myself sick of the bull. It all has to do with work.

No, I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot and complain about my place of employment. Yes, I am discouraged with lack of hours for reasons the company cannot explain and I will never understand, but that is not something I am going to get myself into trouble over. This is more frustration about the lack of work ethic I see in the generations of kids I work with. Yet maybe it is just me?

Maybe it is the way I was brought up. Maybe it was Jordan Christy's book, “How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World”, or maybe it is just the drive in me, but I'm sick of listening to all the stupid little whiners.
I work with a girl who complains constantly how she doesn't have any money and yet bails out of work any chance she can get. This same girl just recently got engaged and I am just floored as she tells me how she wants to do things “as cheap as possible.” The reason being she doesn't have a lot of money to spend. Now I'm not saying you need to break the bank in order to get married. I just think that one needs to understand what the purpose of getting married is.

So my thought is... maybe you are too young to get married? Maybe it isn't your age that is the problem, maybe it is your maturity. You are not mature enough to endure what it takes to be in a marriage. To fight for the person next to you, at any cost. Even if you don't feel like going to work. That if you want to have a wedding that you should work more, not less. How silly that people just think that money will magically appear in their bank account. These kids these days sit around talking to their pals instead of doing their job. A few of them I've noticed take extra long breaks and call in sick because they get a simple hangnail. They sit around complaining how hard it is to work every weekend and how can they possibly go on. They putz around letting the older wiser ones work for them. They get things handed to them.

Now I know I have my moments, but whatever happened to elbow grease? I remember reading that chapter in Jordan Christy's book. It inspired me to be all that I can. Now like I said I do get discouraged with the way hours are at work, but I'm learning that working hard is what keeps you earnest. It is exhausting, but it is all worth it in the end. Maybe these kids are lucky or maybe they are get plain lazy? I don't really know? I feel the same way about a lot of the people on the welfare system.

What I do know is that I love Alex so very much. I would do anything for him and work as hard as I have to so that we can make it in this brutal world. That is love, that is what work is. Knowing that it isn't easy or fun, but it is what you have to do to survive. So one day I'm going to try hard not  to complain about money and I'm going to use every asset I have to make my dreams come true. If I want something, I have to work for it. These kids should start learning that lesson too.

Ok, enough bitching and moaning for me tonight. Until later.

No comments: