Sunday, April 7

Can't We All Just Get Along?


Tonight finds me once again writing my thoughts in between the clicking of the keyboard. In a haze of cold medication I am worshiping God through music. The talk of God has been a big thing these last few weeks. Not only has Easter came upon us as a reminder of the sacrifices Jesus made in order to wash away the dirty messes we create for ourseves, but also a reminder of a way we cannot judge.

This week has been an important historical marker. We are trying to get our nation to recognize and give same sex couples the right to marry. I'm not really sure what is the ultimate decision on homosexuality because I know that I am not God and that I have no right to condemn and crucify others.

People have been very adamant this week in “setting me on the right path.” Religion aside this isn't about the religious issue for me. For me it is about the rights that each and every last individual deserves. Not by the religion they follow, but because in order to truly regard ourselves as the land of the free we must give all citizens the freedom to choose. We don't scream and picket when a Jewish man falls in love with a Catholic woman. Didn't the bible say something about not having interfaith marriages as well. That people of different faith should not “yolk together.” I don't see us telling them that they have no right to get married or that their marriages should be annulled.

This is about letting people have benefits of wills, the right to raise children and have every opportunity because besides their sexual preference, they are no different than you or I. Why do we get right and same sex couples don't. It is so wrong and I can't understand why people can't see that. It doesn't really matter if you think it is a sin. It is about health care and liberty for all people.

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew, you never knew.”

It is funny how our Disney movies have more sense than some of our politicians.


In my worship tonight I was reminded of my devotion list. The list of music that has encased my heart and allowed me to have my time with God. So here is the list.


2013 Devotional Music List
  1. You Are Jesus – Aaron Gillipse
  2. Blink – Revive
  3. Oh My Dear – Tenth Ave North
  4. Commitment – Sanctus Real
  5. Twenty Four – Switchfoot
  6. Light Up The Sky – The Afters
  7. Let The Waters Rise – Mikeschair
  8. Everything is Beautiful – Starfeild
  9. Anchor of Hope – Ellie Holcomb
  10. Blessings – Laura Story
  11. Inevitable – Anberlin
  12. The Light In Me – Brandon Heath
  13. Mirrors – New Frontiers
  14. Between the Raindrops – Lifehouse
  15. Show You How to Live – Sanctus Real

I hope you enjoy these songs as much as I do. Also check out the other list in previous blogs.
May 2011 and March 2012

I know people might disagree with me and I'm not here on a soapbox trying to change minds. However I am not less of a Christian because I support this. I love people and I believe they deserve to be treated equally.

                                         Black, White, Asian, Male, Female.
                                                      Gay OR Straight


Good Night

No comments: