Tuesday, February 5

Zombies and Broccoli Cheese Soup

It is a cold February night and this chocolate dreamer is just beyond smitten. It is official blogger friends I am now in a new relationship. As of February 1st, 2013 I belong to a young man that has made me feel more alive than I have in such a long while.

It is amazing how we can look back at our younger lives and how we wished, prayed, and thought we needed so many stupid people, that we didn't. I can read old blogs and how much I thought I was meant to be with Jordan. I know my relationship is new, but this feels different. This feels real. I realize that everything I've ever felt in life beforehand was childish and immature. In reality I think all of those feelings have always led to this boy. The one with octopus arms.

They are arms that are ticklish and arms that feel safe. These arms make me feel like they will be able to catch me if I fall and oh goodness am I trying so hard not to fall. I am though, harder than I have before and yet as slow as it should be. I'm cautious, I'm nervous, and I'm excited. I look forward to being his angel. If he thinks I'm an angel than I look forward to creating a heaven for him. I want him to feel safe with me as well. Like his worries are my worries and his dreams are something I will always support. I think all the other times I've been with someone it wasn't simple, it wasn't pure. I really do want the best for him, not because I feel like it will do good for me, but because he deserves all the success he's worked so hard for.

He is such a sweet boy. I feel foolish that I never gave him a chance before, because I really do believe I've been missing out. I still feel a little bad for saying that, because I was with someone else not too long ago. I cared about this person, but in the end that isn't what God had meant for me. I feel worth so much more when I'm with this octopus boy. He makes me feel like the way God has always intended me to feel. “More precious than Gold.” He gives me the feeling that I have a purpose in life. That together we might be able to achieve anything.

Yesterday we went on our first official date as a couple. It started off with the simplicity of strolling the mall. Getting an orange julius and drooling over Spiderman vans. It reminded me of how our interests bring us together and create a coupling for us. Next it was off to half-priced books to peruse the shelves talking about stories, arts, video games, and film. After that we went to Panera to eat dinner. I have always loved Panera, not only for their delicious food, but for the warm inviting atmosphere. I had soup, he had a sandwich. We just sat there talking, learning, listening about each other. I was so excited to go see Warm Bodies, since that was the deadline I had set for when our relationship would start. I loved the movie and enjoyed the Romeo and Juilet aspect of the story. It was a great date movie because it has romance for the girls and the whole zombie apocalypse thing for the boys. All in all a perfect evening.

I miss this boy so much. I know this is right and real, because I'm writing again. My artistic side is being awakened with this boy and I'm so excited to see what he can teach me. Anyways... should probably go to bed.
I look forward to my next blog in a little over a week.

No comments: