Tuesday, January 1

Light Up The Sky!

“You light, light, light up the sky
You light up the sky to show me that you are with me
And I, I, I can't deny No I can't deny that you are right here with me
You've opened my eyes
So I can see you all around me
You light, light, light up the sky
You light up the sky to show me that you are with me.”

God is amazing. No matter what I've been through, no matter how much stress might find me, he has always been by my side. He has the perfect way to take a very busy stressful holiday season and giving me a simple night letting all that disappear. Allowing me to be calm and ponder what I want to do in my life. This is the time to excitedly make plans and hopefully dream. I love this Afters song because it pretty much explain how I want my New Year to be. Trusting in God's wisdom. Less preachy and more worship. I want more God, more music that praises him.

I am getting more hours at work and so I've been such a busy girl. However I would be amiss if I didn't do this annual New Year blog. As you've known me these past few years you know I make a bucket list. I understand that somethings might not be accomplished in one year, but it is nice to remember what I want to do.


Here is 2013:


  • Read Madame Bovery in 2013
  • Sing Karaoke
  • See Ed Sheeran
  • Save money for the future
  • Spend New Year's in Disney World
  • Learn to live for now
  • Pray more when stressed
  • Listen to more accoustic music
  • Crash a wedding
  • Think before I speak
  • Meditate
  • Love people for their flaws (including me)
  • Sew 2 quilts
  • Prepare to move out
  • Read more religious books and articles
  • Do a devotional
  • Learn to make jam (and can it)
  • Make 2 homemade soups
  • Breakfast at Tiffanys



So here is to the new ipod, to the growing music collection. To saying Goodbye to Twilight and hello to Hunger Games. Here is to those crazy silly nights that turn into crazy silly mornings. Here is to missing Amanda and learning to appreciate all the people in my life. Here's to 2013!

Happy New Year !

No comments: