Wednesday, January 13

Someday: A Journey Through Housewares

Today was a good day. These hard times make me cherish the little things more. It started off slow and pure like a gentle sigh and even in this moment it continues at this blessed pace. I dropped off an application (crossing my fingers) for Menards in the hope that I may get a job in their paint department. Although I didn’t get to see Jordan I understand the idea of absence making the heart grow fonder. It is something I want to not only get used to, but to live in the feeling of cherishing him and the time I do get to spend with him. Next year I will not get to see him as much and it is a fate I have to accept before it tears away at me.

The miracle of the day however was after I left Menards. I didn’t want to go home right away so I drove next door to the Khol’s. It is amazing how a few hours in a department store can brighten your day, but that is what happened to me. The first half-hour went by uneventfully, just looking at clothes, jewelry, and makeup letting time tick by. It wasn’t until I reached the housewares department that I started to really enjoy my time. Khol’s had the best playlist of music playing that made my heart get those feelings. As I began my journey through housewares I started in the small appliances. Everyone who knows me understands my love of everything food. I looked at coffee makers and fondue pots as the wheels in my head starting to turn. My heart started to imagine registering for these types of things someday. As I looked at plates and silverware my brain started to flood with ideas of how I want my living spaces to look. From the framed art in an apartment to the color and theme of the bathroom when I’m finally able to own a house. Ingrid Michaelson’s “The Way I Am” played on the overhead speakers as I dreamfully glanced at towels and throw pillows. It made me feel as if nothing will ever make the love I feel for Jordan cease to exist and that I’m certain I love him just the way he is. That he loves me the way I am. The song sounded like a story of loving people throughout all stages of their lives; to grow old with them and the things you acquire. As I reached the part of the section with the candles and picture frames Rob Thomas’s song “Someday” came on.

It says:
And maybe someday we'll figure all this out
Try to put an end to all our doubt
And try to find a way to make things better now that
Maybe
someday we'll live our lives out loud
We'll be better off somehow,
someday


This is the love song for me right now. It is the exact message I want to share with my dearest love Jordan and a message I also want to express to myself. I looked at the picture frames listening to this song imagining the frames filled with my most precious memories. I smelled candles (my favorite being a lemon crisp one) dreaming my life smelling like this, Fruitful and memorable, of truth and true love. That I don't to figure everything out right now. This was a special trip and the song made it so. I am putting the video up so in the hope that you may also listen to it and dream about your somedays too.

~ Love Brianna Lyn ~


No comments: