Friday, August 13

A Blog of Epic Epicness

It is in the early hours of the morning in which I do my most thought provoking thinking. Some nights I fall asleep gently and easily. Other nights like tonight I find myself much too focused to sleep. It could have been the excessive amounts of soda I’ve had or the pure enjoyment of the day, but I find myself with a small bit of insomnia.

Tonight I am pondering the quickness in which summer has passed. Moments I thought would never come in November have approached and some have even come and gone. Twilight premieres, wedding receptions, and even relationships have dissolved into simple memories forever locked into minds and photographs.

However as the summer days flash by there are always those precious days in which you wish on the stars above your head that they would last just a few hours longer. Today was one of those days for me. The day started like any other, but there was a good feeling of bliss and purity in the sun that woke me up. After three days of getting up early it was nice to sleep in until the godliness of the afternoon. I called Jordan and we decided that the pool was the place to be. We swam for about two hours until we became hungry and stopped at Dairy Queen for lunch and ice cream awaiting the epic tale of Scott Pilgirm.

I just got back from the movie and it was AMAZING. It has me so frickin’ pumped! It is rather late, but the weather outside is as wild as the spirit inside my heart. The rain is pouring and the lightning flashes making my heart ponder endlessly. Ideas about how the further August moves on, the more I start to fear for some things.

Things like:
Jordan moving to River Falls to go to school.
What strain that this might put on our relationship?
What is going to change about the dynamics of our relationship?


I’m currently 21 years old and I am knowingly aware of how blessed I am. I have had a truly amazing and exciting year. It was a year of hellos and good-byes; full of tragic life lessons and plenty of memories. However as I begin to transition into 22 I’m faced with a great challenge. Is it any wonder that the thunder sounds when I begin typing “Long Distance Relationship”? This next year will be a huge lesson of faith, trust, and conviction in the face of many perils.

Perhaps Heidi Klum is right when she says, “Distance is the true test of love.”

It will be different, but I know that with god’s help I will be able to do anything I set my mind to, including a long distance relationship. The odds are stacked completely against us. Jordan has a very negative influence in his roommate. He is just starting to let his own thoughts shine through and not let others pressure him into doing stupid things. Jordan hasn’t really grown up much, however I’m excited to watch him grow this next year in so many ways.

So… wish me good luck and good faith, because I sure will need it.

No comments: