Friday, June 4

Life and Death

* "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever"_Mahatma Ghandi *


Dear Patrick,

It was two weeks ago that you left this brutal world. I hope you are happier now away from the harsh way the world treated you. I know we never got to be that close, but in the short time since I met you I know both your life and death has effected me greatly. I know you’ve changed my own life. Was I the only person who the dark parts of your soul? Was I the only person who knew your regrets, knew the sadness you felt? Could I have stopped your death? Could have talked to you more, let you know the benefits of living to the fullest in even the most stressful life. You will be missed so grandly Patches. I don’t really understand myself why you death has invoked such a strong response in my heart, but maybe that speaks to the person you were. I know god is taking care of you now. I believe in heaven and that your beautiful soul is up there. You were gone much too soon and everyday for the rest of time people will continue to say: Patrick died much too young, nobody wants to be seventeen forever.

~O~ RIP ~O~
Brianna Johnson




* "A baby is god's opinion that the world should go on." _ Carl Sandburg *


Dear Little Madeline,

You were born June 1st, 2010 and a week & a half after a tragic young death. You are a miracle in every little limb of yours. You are a sign that life keeps moving on like a wheel. That with every soul that leaves this world a new one is born. At 8lbs 3oz you are already a continuation of another life left behind. Within the immense sadness of loss in my life you were the phoenix risen from the ashes. I wish the best for you little darling. You are the start of a new generation of awareness. Maybe you are the ones that will be able to stop the sadness of the generations before you. Maybe you will be able to see the signs we never could and save the boys and girls that will rely on your wisdom. I want you to know how special you are. That with each beat of your little heart and tiny breath inside your lungs I know you will be living in Patrick’s place. May god (and Patrick as your guardian angel) guide you throughout the rest of your life.

:-) Congrats Dan and Melissa (-: Brianna

No comments: