Sunday, January 31

I've Got Issues: But God Helps Me Through

I’m trying with all my will to float into the new month of February. I’ve already learned a few things in the beginning of this year and especially this past week. There are so many lessons and so many thoughts. As I reached this month of love I am saddened by the loss of my own someone, however like I stated in my previous blog it is really for the best at this present time. It gives me time to think and learn.

Speaking of latest blogs I sure got a lot of response. I really don’t know where all the readers came from, but thanks? Even though many opinions were darn right RUDE I appreciate the fact that you read my blog. About 70% of the readers totally missed the whole point of a “personal” blog. PS: That means I can say what I want and be just as “selfish” as I want to be while writing. I would rather not get into all those negative comments because they do not diminish my spark or passion for writing. I just wonder why the comments got so personal? One girl said she imagined me looking like Meg from Family Guy, but wasn’t smart enough to see the picture on the side of the blog? That makes me laugh. The blog was about trying to regain myself and how that relates to my relationship with god.

Anyways! Getting back to the point. I’ve been learning a lot about myself and being self-empowered. I’ve learned lessons on ability, patience, guidance, justice, and goodness. I am trying with grace and hope to understand how my life fits into god’s plan.

Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”


The first lesson is that “God is Able”. That god will never let me down or let me fall down in situations that are too difficult for me to handle together. With this lesson I remembered that there is never a problem in my life that god will not be ABLE to help me with. I believe in god’s ability to help me with the situation I am in right now. I need to let god be in control and to let go and let god.
 Luke 1:37
“For nothing is impossible with God.”
 Colossians 1:17
“He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”

The second lesson is that “God is Patient”. I learned that god has always been “PATIENT” with me. So even if it may take awhile for my stresses to go away or my problems to be resolved. I am remembering that with god’s abundant patience coursing through my veins I can ride out this storm. “Love is always patient” so because god is love he is always patient. I want to have the type of patience god has had with me.
 1 Timothy 1:16
“But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.”
 2 Peter 3:9
“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

The third lesson I learned this week is that “God is a Guide”. I am remembering about how to make god my GUIDE to life. Sometimes we as followers of Christ think we know what is right for out lives. What directions we must go or the decisions we must make. God has had a plan for us since before we were even an idea and he knows us better than we know ourselves. God’s guidance is perfect because he knows what should be in our hearts and souls. He wants to help us, to guide us because he loves us and wants what is best for us.
 Psalm 23: 1-3
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.”
 1 Samuel 3:10
The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."


The fourth lesson I felt connected with this week is that “God is Just”. After people have wronged us we feel a natural instinct to get even. When bad things happen in the world we wonder how god can be JUST However to hold grudges or make people suffer not only poisons the heart, but doesn’t allow a person to heal. God protects us and he forgives us from wrongdoers. If we can trust that god’s justice is perfect and right each time then we can maybe trust in the people we love again. It is difficult, but with god’s justice I can feel inner peace.
 Romans 12:19
“Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.”
 2 Thessalonians 1:6
“God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you.”



The final lesson, but certainly not ever the least is that “God is Good”. God is gracious and loving he has always had a great plan for my life that I can’t imagine in these tough times. God wants my dreams to come true. I am remembering that god is GOOD. God has done so much for me. He has always provided me with all the things I need to survive in such a harsh world. I have a loving family, great friends, and I have a breath inside my lungs. I having trouble right now, but I understand god’s goodness. I love him.
 Psalm 23:6
“Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life.”
 Romans 8:28
“In all things god works for the good of those who love him.”

As I carry these lessons into my own chaotic life it is a sane truth that god is not ‘imperfect’, but in fact the only perfect one. The lessons reminded that to forgive is to make god happy. God sent his only son to save me from persecution and to forgive me so I must show the same kindness to others. It also stated that just because you forgive someone doesn’t mean you have to forget. It is sometimes really difficult to forget something that was extremely destructive or hurtful. Just because you have the power to forgive someone doesn’t mean you have to automatically trust someone again. In fact trust is earned. If you break someone’s trust, if you look deeply into their eyes and lie to them. Well then who knows if you’ll ever gain that trust back. Maybe you never will.

I will pray for everyone that reads this blog. Don’t worry there will be other blogs soon. I leave you with this verse to remember.

Nahum 1:7
“The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.”

No comments: