Saturday, November 7

The Culture of November

Hello to everyone! I know it has been a little while, but I am ready to write about all the experiences I have been having. Sitting here drinking some yummy tea and listening to Carrie Underwood I am thinking about the past week of my life and the wonderful things I have gotten to see and do.

First of all I am happy to report that I finally have my boyfriend back in my life. Sometimes two people fall in a pattern of comfort and forget how to show love. I realized so many things during our separation. I learned what I need to do not only to be a better girlfriend, but also to be a more kind person for myself. I realized that sometimes love is really hard and it isn’t some simple thing you can just shove into a package putting a bow. It takes an unbelievable amount of effort if you want a relationship to work. I was able to teach someone what it means and I ended up with a lesson myself.

Right now I’m listening to one of Carrie Underwood’s new songs called “Temporary Home”. I really enjoy this song because it kind of helps me with my own feelings. Meaning the sad feelings and this place I’m in my life is just temporary and not where I belong. I just need to keep dreaming, keep having faith no matter what obstacles my face me. I have lost a follower and still find sadness not having him by my side as I move towards my permanent surroundings. It is just a lesson god wants me to learn. I need to remember that these are gifts god is trying given me even if they come at a painful price. I’m learning patience and honesty. I’m learning that these people god keeps in my life are the ones he needs to build me up. He wants people that bring me up not push me down. It is interesting and it makes me hopeful for god’s journey for me. I have an immense feeling of safety and joy right now. That he will give me more than I can handle. I’m going to be ok. I should feel blessed for the good people in my life; Jordan, Amanda, Cole, Brian, Kyle, Sara and my family. I had such a great time on Halloween with my friends, my aunt and my grandma. I got some discounted candy and had a blast dressing up as Audrey Hepburn. It rocked!

The last part of this rambling blog is about my cultural experiences this week. I have met so many amazingly interesting people from China and India, England and Russia. I have learned languages and about these countries cultures. I feel like such a world discoverer even sitting here in my living room on a laptop, So I will continue to be comforted by my tea and hopefully I will write more soon.

I am excited for November and I have much hope for it. So many great things in November (Like the earlier September) I will list them off.

11/10: Switchfoot’s Hello Hurricane is Released
11/17: Kris Allen’s debut Album is Released
11/19 – 20 NEW MOON IS RELEASED: I hope to go to the Premiere!
11/26: Thanksgiving: Yummy food!


I hope your November is just as exciting. Hopefully you find what you are thankful for.

No comments: